Before I get started, I just wanted to give a big shout-out and thank you to Liz McQueen (@PlayinHookyHats) for inspiring me to do this project.
Oh! and thank you to factorygirlashli for her DIY post.
@PlayinHookyHats posted a picture in early October of her first table at the Farmer's Market. Aside from the really awesome stuff she crochets, I noticed one of the mannequin heads she had was black. She told me it was the same white foam head she got at Hobby Lobby, but it had been covered with black tissue paper and Mod Podge. I was super excited since I am selling at my first craft show soon. I wanted an interesting place to display my hats.
Gathered the supplies I needed:
Now, I'll admit it, I've always been a fan of Betty and Veronica ( & the guys, too of course). I remember being in middle school, going to store with my Mom, and asking for whatever Archie comic or Betty and Veronica Double Digest might be up at the checkout. So, it seemed like a logical place to go when attempting my first decoupage project. I considered cutting up some JLA comics or WonderWoman... but, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I don't know why, but it didn't bother me cutting up and B & V comic.
She's not done just yet. There are a couple more coats I have to add, a few spots that need to be mended, and then she will be complete. For now, I think she's pretty cool. I will be calling her Veronica. Betty was always my favorite of the two, but this chick has a bit of a 'tude and was a total pain in the arse to put together.
LOL I don't care. I had fun. It was great! I barely used the brushes I brought. Which meant, when the Mod Podge dried, I got to peel it off my skin... Much like when I was younger and would coat my hand and wrist in glue, wait until it dried and peeled it off. Snake-like satisfaction :D