Thursday, August 11, 2011

The August Break - Day 11

We're 11 days into August. Found out about The August Break a couple days ago. I've been meaning to get around to it.

Day 11 picture isn't something recent, 
but I did unearth it recently while at my parent's house this past weekend...


Uelita crocheting a dress for my sister

This is a picture of my Great-Grandma. I called her Uelita, which is short for  "Abuelita" (meaning Grandma in Spanish.) I was about 8 when this picture was taken. She didn't teach me how to crochet;  that - I ended teaching myself 20 years later. She was a beautiful woman. Always put together, no matter the occasion. Plus, she was one hell of a cook. I was very young when she passed away, but I have beautiful memories of her.


(Photo edited with picnik.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment