Monday, January 2, 2012

Welcome Back, Kotter

Hello my fellow crafties! 
and 
Happy New Year!

Well, this post is certainly long overdue. I was doing good at being a somewhat regular blogger for awhile. Ha! That didn't seem to last. I know it's the new year, and people are trying to keep their word with their resolutions. I need to get back into regularly blogging. This is by no means a resolution -- just simply something that must be done. 

I keep forgetting that blogging is word based. I'm always fixed on the mentality of "if I don't have pictures, I can't post". Well, that's lame. Sure, I can post! I could post an entire how-to blog without a single picture. That's been accomplished for years in cookbooks.

One of my big resolutions (aside from the cliche 'I'm going to loose weight' ) is to make time for myself. Being a stay-at-home Mom is exhausting. I'm maid, cook, nanny, police officer, referee, shoulder to cry on, playground to climb, drive-up box to scream at, sewage treatment employee, doctor, nurse, groomer... The list is endless. Once the day is over, my house looks like it was hit by a category 5 tornado.
I seem to struggle with finding time for myself --  Even for little things... painting my nails, doing my hair, taking long showers, enjoying my food. When I do have time to myself, I end up zoning out on the couch, scarfing down food. Probably why I'm at the heaviest weight I've ever been. People say kids change your life, and they do. Dramatically. People also forget to tell you to make sure you have your wits about you, so your individuality doesn't get sucked out. I need to remember who I am as a person -- as Stephanie. She constantly gets brushed aside. I don't think there is anything wrong with trying to maintain a sense of self. I'm a funny person, damnit. Most of the time I forget to BE funny, because I'm so busy being Mom. 
This year is going to be a grand journey. It will be a refresher course in being spontaneous, being outrageous, being fun, lighthearted, getting excited about the simple things... and a chance to change and stop worrying all the time. 

I read a quote once on tumblr (which I'm now on - btw :D) ... and it's stuck with me. It's my grand resolution for this year, and all years to come: 
 Be the kind of person you would want to meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment